Wednesday, May 14, 2014

MORE GARDENS,CASTLES AND CATHEDRALS




Just so you know, I'm lying about the Cathedral.

We started out looking for the Loch Ness Monster.  Ginger just knew she could find it.  In fact she took some pictures of her findings.  What do you think?  Looks like monsters to me.



The thing is  these monsters bear a resemblance to someone I know.  I can't place it right now but I'm sure it will come to me.  


After statisfying Ginger's desire to find the Monster we took off to Urquhart Castle.  It was such a beautiful setting.






 

We then stopped in the little village of Drumnadrochit and got a bite to eat at a cute little eatry.

Next we took off to the Cawder Castle and Gardens. 

This castle was occupied until fairly recently and is furnished just beautifully.  Unfortunatey pictures were not allowed.  I did pick up a little tidbit however.  The kitchen was built far enough away from the diningroom so that the soup would not arrive at the diningroom table too hot.  Don't let it be said my blog doesn't have any initeresting facts.  They maybe few and far between but non the less keep reading you just might pick up another fact or two. (Probably not more than that.)







This a bird feeder.  If I ever have a yard again I am going to have a duplicate of this made for it.


These are my friends next to a Redwood tree found in the forest and and along the nature trails on the estate.
 Arrriving safely back at the "church" we drank a little wind and enjoyed a supper of mushroom soup, cottage pie, and an assortment of cheese and crackers for desert.  Delicious!








 It was soooooooo good!

So was this :-)!


1 comment :

  1. Are you collecting recipes while you're away? That mushroom soup looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete