Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FROM PLYMOUTH TO EDEN


I've got to catch up because Sharon is giving me a bad time. She's already blogging about our outing to Well's which is our 6th day in Bristol and I haven't even finished our outings in Plymouth.  As I said before, it's all due to technical difficulties.  Now Sharon is air dropping pictures to my iPad so she thinks I have no excuse not to get caught up.  So, I am going to work on it.

We took off on the train and finished on the bus and finally arrived at the Famous Eden Project.  I probably could just quit here because you undoubtedly  all ready know all about it.  Because I want some record on the blog I'm going to include some info for me. 

That's us waiting for the train.  We had to get up kind if early.  Not fun when you're on vacation.

The first view of the project is rather spectacular!

At one time this was a China Clay Pit which was created into a global garden.  It is a symbol of regeneration and how  people working together and with nature can bring about a better future.

From this...

To this...


The Project is made up of the Rain Forest Biome, the Mediterranean Biome, and the Outdoor Biome.

The Rainforest Biome is the largest rainforest in captivity.  By the time you finish going through this Biome you are hot and sweaty.  Well, not us but everyone else.  


 This is the torch ginger. It's flowers are chopped up and added to curry rice and noodles.



After the rainforest we headed to the nearest store and bought some much needed water. After we had revived we headed to the Mediterranean Biome. What a contrast.



When we finished this Biome we were starved.  We ate at one of the many restaurants on the premises.  After walking around a bit in the Outdoor Biome we caught the bus back to the bus stop so we could catch the train to catch the taxi back to our guest house where Sharon and I got to climb 62 steps to our room.  

We were pretty exhausted and we had to eat so we found a little pub close by and ate a nice meal and headed back to our penthouse room- calling it that mentally prepared us for the climb!  Please remember every time we had to go up we had to go down - just as hard if not harder at our age.

The next morning we got up ,not too early and caught a cab to the train station.

Here we are, waiting for that taxi!  Off we go to Bristol!







No comments :

Post a Comment