Wednesday, June 25, 2014

EVEN MORE OF LONDON

I am determined to finish my London trip and get on to the present but can't sit in front of the ipad all day.  I did travel this far to find adventures and enjoy living so I just do what I can do.

So, where did I leave off. Ginger and JoAnne left at O dark thirty and I got to sleep in.  I did actually get up, ( Should I even admit t this, to go to the bathroom, and they were waiting for their car so  I got to say good bye again.   I know some of you younger people don't understand getting up at 5:00 to visit the bathroom but someday you will say, "Oh yes' Terry wrote about this in her blogs, I remember now".)

So today, we took it very easy in the morning,  We were tired.  Have I mentioned that before?  So sorry if I keep repeating it but I want you to know we were tired!!!.  We did finally decided to get dressed and go out for lunch.  We found a little restaurant, Urban Meadows, which sounded rather nicie and it was on our way to Kensington Gardens where we had decided to take a stroll.  


And then there were two.



It was nice enough so we could enjooy a llittle lumch outdoors on their patio.

Next we walked through the gardens and decided to go on a tour of the palace.  I think my invitation for tea with the princess is probably somewhere in NC.  I do know that I didn't hear from her after I wrote that I would be in London for a few days, and who am I to make a big "tado" about not hearing from her. She has a busy schedule, I have a busy schedule.  That is life!  So instead we paid to see the palace.  It was a"  lovely " tour.  ( So British, I am!)  Part of the palace which you see is concerned with Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.  The princess and her mother were left penniless when her father died when Victoria was 8 months old.  She was crowned Queen of England when she was 18.  She and Prince Albert had a wonderful marriage which produced  9 children.  After his death she kept his room exactly as it was at the time of his passing and she had pictures of him incorprated into pieces of jewelry.  To quote her '"for a woman alone to be head of so large a family and at the same time reigning Sovereign is I can assure you almost more than human strength can bear".  She saiid this even though she had a full staff of servants.  

The palace itself was bought by William and Mary in hopes that the residence would be better situated  for the comfort of The asthmatic William.  They then instructed Sir Christopher Wren to begin expansion of the house.   They were offered the throne as joint monarchs and are the only such couple ito reign jointly in the United Kingdom.  

This is the Queen Gallery ...

and her view.


After viewing Queen Mary's place in the palace, we next viewed The King's State Apartments.  These magnificent apartments were created by George I and George II in the 18th century, and became the center of their courts.  This is where everyone who was anyone wanted to be seen.  The artist' William Kent's fabulous decorations are paired with sumptuous court dress.  



Oh!  I think that's me.  I've gotten just a litte hippy since going abroad but who would know!
I'm having a complete new wardrobe done while I'm here.  Not only does it disguise the hips but allows ones arms to rest comfortaby with out dangling uselessly at your sides. I'm just certain this will catch on once I get back to the states.



After going through the palace we wandered the beautifu gardens for just a bit before heading back to the flat.


Because I have brouoght up my fashiion forward look of the future.  I thought you might also like to see what I'm wearing these days. ( Just until my new dresses are ready.)

found the look in this little boutique.


A wrap for every aching muscle, joint, limb, ...  Of course mine are in a much more fashion forward color. Beige is so blah!!!







































No comments :

Post a Comment