Saturday, February 21, 2015

HOME FRONT

We have settled in nicely here in Barcelona.  We love our apartment and location.  Our empty kitchen is now filled with appliances.  I'm trying to figure out how Sharon can get these in her suitcase.  I know there's no room in mine.  Perhaps the next renter will get to take advantage of these purchases.  I just wasn't going to go without a coffee pot and doing toast in the skillet just wasn't my cup of tea.  


Remember those empty shelves?  Now filled with numerous storage containers.

This brings to mind a story which must be told.  As much as I just hate to put people on report this is too much to let it go by undocumented.  You see the container below.  Now I had washed this and placed it in the drying rack.  The next thing I know I go in to the kitchen and it is no longer in the drying rack.  I looked in the cupboard and it wasn't there.  I looked in all the cupboards and could not find it anywhere.  Finally, on an off change it might have gotten in the trash, I looked there.  Low and behold there it was plain as day.  Here was a perfect, wonderful, sizable, covered container in the trash.  I could hardly believe it.  After recovering from the shock I went to find the culprit.  Only two people have access to our kitchen and I was pretty sure Sharon wouldn't commit this act.  Sure enough Sandi fessed up almost immediately. I explained to her how this wonderful container had any number of uses - a container for leftovers, a pail that can be used for cleaning, or a watering can for watering plants.  I could go on and on. She finally got the drift and apologized profusely.  I am a forgiving person so I assured her I wouldn't let such an act affect our friendship.  We now have a set of two.  Working on number 3.


Now having moved on, guess what happened?  I found this in the trash!  I immediately fished it out and washed it.  Sandi once again did not realize its potential.  A bowl for entertaining.  We now have a set of 6.  


Only one of the many uses.  Olives, nuts, dips.  I could go on and on.  What an education this has been for Sandi.  Lots to be learned from broads, abroad.  


Today I was extremely excited because I now have my second container for my shelves.  I had one for my underwear and I now have one for my socks.   Love those meat containers. Notice you don't see my underwear in the one.  Showing my gray socks is bad enough, showing my grey underwear (notice, I'm not calling them lingerie at this stage) is another thing.The big question is can I go this entire trip without buying some new pants and bras?  I do know these are not going home with me.  The jury is out on this one.  

A meat container one day.




A shelve divider the next.  

Besides purchasing appliances I couldn't stand the towels they left us in the kitchen.  One I'm sure is an old napkin that I wouldn't use to clean my car,  Here it is hanging on the clothes line.  Yes those are stains on it.  ICK!


So we have new bright towels !

Well, it was cheap and I love cupcakes!  A hand towel.  Two of these.

Numerous new bright dish towels.  I should have ironed it for the picture.  Oh well.  

Since we had no garbage cans in our apartment We have bags hanging from all the doorknobs.  So classy!  



Well that's about it on the homefront.  Sharon and I did join a gym however.  We are now members of Aquau Joc!  Feels good to be back in the gym  We've suffered from a few sore muscles but well worth it!  Almost three months have gone by since we worked out at a gym.  


Yesterday we worked on flight plans to Bologne, our last stay, and home.  We will be flying out of Bologne on the 29th of May heading home.   Hard to believe that that time has come already.  It's been such a fast 9 1/2 months.  Only 4 1/2 monts to go.  

That's all the big news from the homefront.  
















No comments :

Post a Comment