Sunday, April 27, 2014

THIS CHAPTER IS ENDING



What a month!  I flew to Vancouver on the 3rd to see Mira, Chris and the kids and came home to a garage  filled with stuff.   All mine :-). The week before the tag sale , around the 13th, Nancy Baldwin, Tag Sales Treasures, came into the house and started taking everything out of cabinets, closets, etc.  I looked on in amazement as she transformed my house into a " store".   On the 19th, a rainy Saturday at 9:00 in the morning 75 people were waiting on my doorstep to gain entry.  I was no where near the place.  Around 2:00 Nancy called to informed me that after they unhooked the wash machine a pipe broke and water was spewing forth in the guest bedroom.  The water was turned off and the sale went on.  Although it was Easter on the 20th, Nancy had decided that with all the "stuff" I had we should do a two day sale and so at 2:00 on a beautiful Easter Sunday  the sale began again.  I didn't think it would be too busy but I wanted to see what was happening so I drove into my neighborhood and could not believe all the cars, trucks and vans loaded with my possessions leaving the block.  I just turned around and left.  Around 4:30 I drove to the house and all but a few pieces of furniture was gone and a lot of the "stuff"!  I couldn't believe it!   Nancy delivered the money from the sale on Monday and I put a nice little deposit into my bank account.  The following Tuesday everything left was picked up by a local charity and the house was basically empty.

On Thursday, the 24th  I sold my car.  On Saturday the 26th I received an offer on the house and by early evening the papers were signed and the house went under contract.  All my possessions are now located in a 10X12 storage unit which is basically empty.

Now , on the 27th I'm trying to fit a years worth of clothes in a small suitcase and a backpack.  It's not working very well.  Luckily I did hear there are stores in Europe so I just need to open the stuffed bags tomorrow and throw things out of it.  I'll let you know how that goes.

One day left to finish everything here in the States and this EXHAUSTED broad is going abroad.


2 comments :

  1. Terry, It's meant to be!!! Selling all the stuff and furniture and on top of it selling your HOUSE!!!!!! Although my curiosity would have had me trolling the neighborhood as well, it must have been with some sadness to see things piled in trucks and vans!!!! But WELL DONE and off to new adventures!!!! And yes there are stores in Europe...everywhere! Credit cards work in most places but have cash/EUROS onhand and remember that stores are not open late or in some cases, saturday afternoons. ENJOY and have a great flight!!!!!! karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that's a huge relief but it sounds stressful at the same time and maybe a little sad. It will be forgotten very shortly though, I'm sure. I can't wait to read more. Bon voyage, Terry.

    ReplyDelete