Monday, April 14, 2014

REALITY SETS IN

It's seventeen days until departure.  I have to say at this point in time it's not all I  anticipated it to be.  My stomach chuns at night and I'm doing a lot of reading when I shoud be sleeping. For over a year and a half the excitement and anticipation was so great.  Now I have some anxiety. In the last few weeks the  momentous  task of getting my affairs in order is  at times overwhelning.  Forunately, a wonderful get together with friends from my Sunday School Class boosted my moral and a number of phone calls and notes from friends have also helped.  However,  those wonderful boosts don't diminish the anxiety that keeps creeping in.  Initially, I invisioned the house would be sold, the contents sold and I'd have plenty of time to get things in order but "life happens when  you are making plans.".   The house hasn't sold but I made the decision to empty the house before I leave.  The tag sale is next weekend so I have been busy getting all those things that I want out of the house.  It's a lot to go through.  As luck would have it I picked a weekend without looking at the calender and of course I picked the Easter weekend.  I should have a two day sale ( I have a lot of "stuff") but doesn't make sense because of Easter.  I look around at all my stuff and just wonder how it can sell in one day.  I guess we'll know next Sunday!  The nice thing is I don't have to dispose of anything that's left.  After Saturday I'll be out of the house.  I'm moving in with my real estate agent for the duration. I did mention that's my nephew, didn't I?

3 comments :

  1. Terry, you are a brave person to face a daunting task of ridding yourself of your "stories." and things. I guess it's better than a PCS set of orders/ HA HA. Good luck on the sale for the weekend. Many people will need something to do between church and Easter dinner so why not come and buy things??? karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand your anxiety. I'd feel the same way. Just keep in mind it will all be behind you very shortly and you'll be having a great time with few worries. I wonder how possible it is to have few worries. Getting rid of your Stuff has to help, I'd think. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry,
    I am so glad you invited me to read your blog. I am enjoying all your wonderful adventures. It is a trip of a lifetime. I sat today and read everything you wrote from April on. For some reason a month ago I had trouble logging in to your blog and thought something was wrong. Turns out it must have been my technologically-impaired brain. Today everything went smoothly. I will continue to log in frequently. Enjoy yourselves. Patti Hoysa

    ReplyDelete