Sunday, March 23, 2014

The idea . . .

Life has a way of going by so quickly and a little over a year ago I realized that instead of being on the steep slope climbing upwards I was now on that downward slope and sliding down hill goes ever so fast.  Seventy was staring me in the face.  I recognized that I was fortunate to have my health, a moderate income,a wonderful family and great friends but I was ready for some change.  I looked around at my home which I love but I realized I didn’t need it and  I no longer wanted all the headaches that go with being a home owner.  I also no longer cared about all my possessions.  With the realization that I could sell everything and be happy I looked at all the possibilities that come when one is unencumbered.  And so, my first possibility which I’m setting out to do is to head to Europe for a year ,more or less, and live in about 3 or 4 different places.  


My home went on the market in December and as soon as it sells a company is coming in and selling 99% of everything I own.  On April 29th I’m boarding a plane for Ireland and than taking a ferry over to Wales.  I’ll be starting this adventure with 4 close friends.  After 6 weeks of touring Scotland, Wales and England, one friend, Sharon, will be staying with me and we will head  for Amsterdam where we will be staying for 3 to 4 months.  Where we go after that is anybody’s guess.  Follow us on our adventure.

3 comments :

  1. WOW! God bless you on all your adventures and travels. We will love to see your updates and pictures! Dave and Judy Bronczek

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Sharon are our heroes (I know James will agree so I can say "our"). We'd love to do this so it will be fun to follow your blog and live through you this year. I hope you'll blog often. Have an awesome adventure. Hugs to you and Sharon.
    And happy birthday a bit early, in case I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is happening, and without me and Woody...darn! Hope we can catch up with you at one of your destinations. Perhaps in Germany, or France, as residents there you can be our translators!! We will miss you but look forward to our adventure sharing through your blogs! Lori and Woody (PS let Michele know that we think she is a blog genius)

    ReplyDelete